Buchanan Lindgreen posted an update 1 week, 2 days ago
I simply finished my third yoga DVD and I feel completely re-energized. As a director and cameraman, I have always enjoyed shooting fitness videos since the process inspires my own athletic practice and yoga case studies. With each shoot, I learn something new, so I thought it would be valuable to share my insights with fitness and yoga instructors who are considering producing their own instructions. I’ve culled together some as well as considerations to help people avoid pitfalls and how they can elevate their fitness video productions.
Spending the money for making a yoga video is really a gamble for sure, however, you can hedge your bet by doing your homework to ensure that your yoga DVD has a superior shot at recouping your investment and (hopefully) making a wonderful profit. The cost to produce a professional fitness DVD can range from $25 to $30K so knowing to be sure you’ve considered all the elements before firing up the cameras. Of course there are many variables that are able to turn the budget, and large numbers of videos cost above $30K, but that’s a superb starting point. There extra intangible reason to creating professional yoga DVD – to promote yourself. Video lessons allow you to market your name in such an even better way that word-of-mouth alone cannot accomplish. It will ultimately help strengthen your business and is an effective portfolio of your teaching practices.
1) Make sure your yoga DVD has a unique marketable approach – For those that do not have a household name, best-selling yoga book or star power, you will want to play on your strengths. You don’t need to be a Rodney Yee to market a lot of yoga DVDs, but remember, there are dozens of yoga videos all competing for the same dollars. It’s crucial that your video sticks out and has an incomparable niche market, for example, some successful videos include: pre-nadal yoga, yoga for cyclists, cross learning in winter or hula-hooping fitness for men and women. There is a fine line between making sure there is a broad enough appeal and finding a good niche audience.
2) Choose the right location – Shooting in a beautiful setting can create a world of difference and will elevate the production associated with the overall motion picture.
3) Move that camera! – A moving camera can boost production value in a big way. Using a jib arm should not only keep the shot interesting for 30 seconds with time but can also be helpful to show different angles although camera floats on a body.
4) Multiple cameras with matching time code – In order to complete a professional yoga or fitness video you need to shoot with to start two cameras, not really more, and those cameras should be synced with time code. I enjoy one camera on the jib arm that is getting the wide shots while as well as camera is shooting close ups. Adding a third camera is valuable should you have more than five people on screen at once.
5) Deciding just how many people to have in the shot – This is a key factor kind how to set up your shoot which is even more important to consider your reasons to use more or fewer practitioners to substantiate. It’s always good to have 1 man and one woman unless your video is marketed for guys or women only.
6) Voiceover? Or Direct to Camera? – You will need to consider if you want the host to address the audience in order to use a VO before developing the script.The advantage to do the exercise routine in Voice Over (also called VO), is that permits you considerable flexibility once you’re in the edit room which makes it easier to customize script if it is possible needed. Personally, I really like to switch it moving upward. Have the yoga instructor start out on camera for the outlet. If you do the entire practice on camera make sure to experience a wireless headset microphone that moves that isn’t instructor so perform consistently record clean audio.
7) Create a few routine on a disc – As don’t want to give away three DVDs worth of yoga on one disc, it’s nice to be can offer a menu with a few options to select from. I suggest a basic hour-long workout, a condensed half hour, along with advanced workout or practice. I would err on the side of making the disc feel major. Two different lengths of a similar routine is good because sometimes the viewer only has a half hour to spend with your Dvd movie.
8) Chapter your DVD – There are specific sections on the DVD that your viewer will want to watch many times over as perform their routine. There are more sections that the viewer will want to see once. Make sure each routine possesses its own chapter for the viewer’s convenience.
9) Know your market – Is just key in establishing your audience and increases your probability of generating a sales income. Do your research! Speak to your students and make them aware you are considering creating an instructional video – certainly they be happy to mention their thoughts and/or interest. Is this something they would like to buy?
10) Create a tasteful DVD Cover and DVD Menu – They say item . judge a book by its cover, but the fact is we all do.
Plus-Size-Modeling.com packaging is important especially when it comes to appealing to assist. Something to consider is featuring your photo over the cover. You may be your DVD’s biggest selling point, so be ready to your close up.